Save the Date: December 15, 2018
This December recognizes five years of publishing and we have a lot to celebrate: We have a new anthology, Parade, a new logo, SwEP Swag, a new commercial and a photo slideshow.
Join us for the festivities on December 15th at Tortuga Gallery from 6-9. We will incorporate music and poetry throughout the night beginning at 6pm and going until 9pm, with a toast at 7:30pm.
Any SwEP authors who would like to perform, please contact me. We really just want to have you there. You will be able to pick up your SwEP Swag and contributor copies of our anthology.
Keep your eyes on the website and facebook page for more information on our upcoming festivities.
Open Call for Chapbooks
Swimming with Elephants Publications, LLC (SwEP) is hosting a chapbook open call to find some fresh work and new voices from October 15-December 15, 2018. Click here for more information.
From our submissions, our guest judges will choose three for publication. All three chosen publications will receive the same award of 25 author copies. All our publications include an ISBN, Swimming with Elephants Publications, LLC contract, and creative control over cover and production. For more information on what SwEP provides its authors or to see a general contract, please email us.
- Unease at Rest by Wil Gibson
- Pina Bausch by by Werner Lambersy, Jack Hirschman (Translator), Jami Proctor-Xu (Illustrator)
- Rock Paper Scissor by Mary Oishi and Aja Oishi
- BEKIMI I NËNËS / A Mother’s Blessing by Jusuf Gërvalla (Author), Jack Hirschman (Translator), Idlir Azizaj (Translator)
Swimming with Elephants Publications, LLC currently has its hands full with various projects:
- We are working diligently on the submission process for our Open Call for Chapbooks, creating a new edition of Light as a Feather, wrapping up two publications: Diaspora and Parade, planning our Anniversary party, and organizing and reading submissions for the Weekly Write 2019.
Support and Donations
There are many ways to support our authors: Purchase books from our poets, review books on websites and in print journals, see our poets perform when they come to a town near you, interact with our website and Facebook page, or send them compliments and applause.
Supporting our writers and events also helps support our press, but as a not for profit, growth can be difficult. Consider supporting our press by purchasing anthologies, donating through our website (via PayPal), or placing orders for multiple copies directly through us rather than a major book distributor. All our contact information is available on our website.
As always we encourage interaction with our website and Facebook page, as well as welcoming reviews on Amazon, Goodreads, and other book review places. Please contact us with any questions or queries.